Export their organization’s Workspace data into the geographic location or locations of their choice. These are the available options for this feature:
- User data: Specify users, groups, organizational units or your entire organization
- Export frequency: Opt for continuous or one-time exports
- Storage settings: Specify the geographic location of the Google Cloud storage bucket that the data is exported to, who can access the data, and more settings within the Google Cloud storage bucket.
When creating a new export, you can choose to export your data continuously into your own storage bucket
Why you’d use it
This update allows admins to export their organization’s Workspace data into their own Google Cloud Storage (GCS) bucket located in a geographic location of their choice to meet their data sovereignty, compliance, and data archival needs.
- This feature is available for Google Workspace Enterprise Plus customers with the Assured Controls add-on. Eligible Google Workspace customers can use this form to apply for the beta or contact us directly.
- Visit the Help Center to learn more about exporting all of your organization’s data, and exporting data by organizational unit, group, or user. Additionally, you can use the Help Center to learn more about allowing your users to download their data.